Transcripts FAQ

Transcript Menu / FAQ Menu

How can I get a transcript of my UNCG academic record?

Go to Transcripts for complete instructions about obtaining an official copy of your transcript or about viewing and printing an unofficial transcript from the Web. You may also call the Transcript Line at 336/334-5945 at any time to hear details about how to obtain a copy of your official UNCG transcript.

Can my mother stop by and pick up a copy of my transcript?

Any authorized person may pick up a student’s transcript provided the student submits a signed and dated statement authorizing them, by name, to do so. The student must indicate the quantity to be released, otherwise release will be limited to one copy, and also must indicate whether the transcript being issued needs to be in a sealed envelope. The person picking up the transcript must present their photo ID, sign and pay the transcript fee of $5 per copy payable by check or cash. Federal law prohibits release of grades or academic record information to anyone other than the student without this special authorization. A student’s records may be released to a legal guardian who submits evidence that the student is declared as a dependent on his/her most recent Federal Income Tax form.

Is a copy of my high school transcript on file in the University Registrar’s Office?

No. The URO maintains only UNCG academic records. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain transcripts from previously attended institutions.

I am a student at [name of institution], but I took a course at UNCG this summer. How do I get my grade sent back to my school?

You should request an official transcript of the work you took at UNCG. The University Registrar’s Office provides mailing and fax services for official UNCG transcripts. See Transcripts for complete information.