Also, please do NOT post grades on your office door or nearby bulletin board using student ID numbers; this is illegal. Once grades are submitted by you, they are loaded immediately, and are instantly available on the UNCGenie Web site. Please encourage students to check the Web for current access to their grades.
Departments that still have not listed instructors for courses must update with faculty names as soon as possible so that faculty will have access to class rosters and general Web information, and so that faculty and departments can be appropriately credited and funded for the instruction. Departments should provide Della Hawes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the full name and University ID of the faculty member so that the correct person is recorded as instructor of record.
Beginning with the Fall 2016 registration session (March 2016), the University Registrar’s Office will no longer accept paper drop/add forms. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Registration Services: Jillian Lincourt (email@example.com) or Elizabeth Cranford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A student may initiate a drop at any time via the Web Drop function in UNCGenie.
Please make note of the following guidelines for classroom use:
- Do not remove classroom furniture (e.g., desks, chairs, tables) from a classroom and do not add external furniture to a classroom. The number of seats in each classroom corresponds to the maximum capacity allowed for that room by the fire code. Moving furniture creates seating issues for other classes and can result in fire code violations.
- All classrooms have a set capacity which cannot be altered due to State Fire Code and Accessibility regulations. Please do not allow additional students to add a course if the assigned room cannot house them. The university will not add additional seats above the approved capacity.
- Restore seats to a pre-class setting at the end of each class meeting. Please note that many classrooms have a Maximum Occupancy sign, but this number reflects a North Carolina Department of Insurance assessment and is not a seat count.
- Classroom technology (e.g., teaching kiosk, screens)—Classroom Technology Support, 334-5207
- Classroom furniture repair—Facilities Operations Customer Service Center (CSC), 334-5684
- All other physical classroom issues—Office of Space Management, 256-0467.