Related Services

Financial Aid Office

Contact Information:
723 Kenilworth Street
UNCG PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Telephone: 336/334-5702

Applying for Financial Aid

If you have not yet applied for financial aid and wish to do so, stop by the Financial Aid Office to pick up the worksheets to help you prepare the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must file your application online at and the worksheets will enable you to have your answers ready for data entry.

Financial Aid Check Disbursement

Financial Aid funds are disbursed by the Cashiers and Student Accounts Office at the beginning of each semester. Students should expect to provide their own money for the purchase of books and other supplies prior to the start of classes. Refund checks will be mailed to local mailing addresses or the Cashier ‘s Office will be notifying you of options for direct deposit of your refund into your checking account. Be sure to update your local mailing address on UNCGenie in order to receive your refund check by mail.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Financial Aid Purposes

In order to be eligible to receive financial aid, all students must comply with the requirements of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. A copy of this policy is available at the Financial Aid Office, on the FAO Web site, and is included with all financial aid award letters. The policy outlines GPA requirements, minimum credit hour attainment, time limit restrictions, and information about withdrawal from school and reinstatement of aid. Please note that students will be held to the number of credit hours that they are registered for as of the last day of the schedule adjustment period. Students who do not fulfill the policy requirements may appeal to the Financial Aid Office. Refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, especially if you have failed, dropped, taken incompletes, or failed to earn credit to the Satisfactory A hours in any class.

Orientation for New Undergraduates

Advising for new undergraduates is included in the SOAR orientation programs. Students are assigned academic advisors and receive other registration materials at that time. Foreign language and math (see placement tests are also given during the SOAR orientation programs.

The Graduate School

Enrolled Student Services
241 Mossman Building

The Enrolled Student Services department in The Graduate School provides the following services:

  • Removal of provisional admission
  • Transfer credit approval
  • Independent study approval
  • Plan of study evaluation and approval
  • Time extension approvals
  • Graduation clearances, including ordering of diplomas and overseeing commencement activities
  • Policy interpretation

Advising for Graduate Students

Academic advising for graduate students is handled by each department. Plans of study help the student, department, and The Graduate School chart the necessary course work and timeframe for each graduate-level degree program.

University Teaching and Learning Commons

McIver Building
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170

The University Teaching and Learning Commons leads university-wide efforts to foster a learner-centered experience for
undergraduate success. The Office reviews student-initiated appeals for exceptions to academic policies such as current term
and retroactive appeals to withdraw from courses without academic penalty, suspension and dismissal appeals, course schedule
overload requests, and attendance verification for financial aid recipients and students. Additionally, the Office provides student-athlete support by providing the Academic Advisement of Student-Athletes Program to ensure NCAA institutional

Veterans Benefits & Certifications

Please see for more information on Veterans Benefits and Certifications.