Scheduling by Region
The University Registrar’s Office utilizes Ad Astra Information Systems software to schedule classroom assignments based on maximum course enrollment. Factors included in the room optimization process are classroom capacity, back-to-back instructor assignments, and optimum campus location/region.
|Brown Building||BRWN||11||Region 2|
|Bryan Building||BRYN||3||Region 1|
|Coleman Building||COLE||1||Region 1|
|Curry Building||CURY||13||Region 3|
|Eberhart Building||EBER||10||Region 2|
|Ferguson Building||FERG||14||Region 3|
|Foust Building||FOUS||12||Region 3|
|Gatewood Studio Arts Center||STAC||15||Region 3|
|Graham Building||GRAM||16||Region 3|
|Jackson Library||LIBR||2||Region 1|
|Moore Building (School of Nursing)||NMOR||7||Region 2|
|Moore Humanities & Research Administration||MHRA||5||Region 1|
|Petty Science Building||PETT||6||Region 2|
|School of Education||SOEB||4||Region 1|
|Stone Building||STON||9||Region 2|
|Sullivan Science Building||SULV||8||Region 2|
|Weatherspoon Art Museum||ABCB||17||Region 3|
Meeting Format and Sequence
Importance of 24-Hour time format
- All courses meet for part of a term and must be offered within the beginning and ending dates of the full semester calendar.
- No course may end on or after the date of graduation for the term.
- The University Registrar’s Office will determine the appropriate dates for add/drop and dropping without academic penalty, and the Cashiers and Student Accounts Office will determine payment and refund deadlines for all courses.
- Course schedules should adhere to Standard Hours table.
Standard Hours (Meeting Times)
|Morning Hours||Afternoon Hours||Evening Hours|
|0800-0850 MWF||1200-1250 MWF||1700-1750 MWF|
|0800-0915 TR||1230-1345 TR||1700-1815 MW or TR|
|0900-0950 MWF||1300-1350 MWF||1730-1845 MW or TR|
|0930-1045 TR||1400-1450 MWF||1800-1915 MW or TR|
|1000-1050 MWF||1400-1515 MW or TR||1830-1945 MW or TR|
|1100-1150 MWF||1500-1550 MWF||1900-2015 MW or TR|
|1100-1215 TR||1530-1645 MW or TR||1930-2045 MW or TR|
- MWF classes are 50 minutes and meet on the hour
- TR classes are 75 minutes and meet sequentially on the hour/half‐hour beginning at 0800.
- MW classes are 75 minutes, meet sequentially, and may be scheduled only after 1400.
- Courses should not mix day sequence. The approved sequences are MWF, MW, or TR (Examples of non‐approved sequences: MT or WR or TW.)
- One semester hour classes meet 50 minutes per week and should follow established meeting pattern start times (above).
- Two semester hour classes meet 100 minutes per week and should follow established meeting pattern start times (above).
Three hour block courses
Three‐hour block courses should include 150 minutes of instruction and 20 minutes of optional break time (scheduled for 1400 and later):
Three hour lab courses
Three hour lab courses should follow the following sequence: