The University Registrar’s Office (URO) provides transcripts of a student’s official UNCG academic record, both undergraduate and/or graduate, upon request. If the academic record has a hold placed on it for failure to meet financial obligations or for any other reason, transcript requests cannot be processed. All transcripts may be ordered through the Parchment Ordering Service. The charge for the official transcript is $8.00 plus a $2.75 processing fee.
Things to Know Before Ordering Transcripts
- STANDARD PROCESSING TIME for transcript requests is three business days, regardless of selected delivery method; however, additional processing time could result from vault records (transcripts older than 1984), data mismatches and/or during peak periods, such as end of term. An email notification will be sent when the transcript has been processed for delivery or is available for pick-up in 180 Mossman Administration Building, Greensboro, NC, Transcript orders will not be processed when the University Registrar’s Office is closed.
- PICK-UP TIMES for hold for pick-up transcripts are 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. M–F in 180 Mossman Administration Building, Greensboro, NC. Please note: For pick-up transcripts, a valid picture ID is required. Only the student listed on the transcript or his/her designated third party (presenting written authorization from the student) may pick up the transcript. The person picking up the transcript on your behalf must present a valid photo ID.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS are credit or debit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa).
- TRANSCRIPT AUTHORIZATION is only applicable to the student. Only a current or former student may order transcripts online. Third party inquiries will be required to submit additional paperwork to the University Registrar’s Office.
- HOLDS FOR INDEBTEDNESS TO THE UNIVERSITY prevent transcripts from being released until paid in full. All orders placed on hold due to indebtedness will be cancelled. Current students can view their holds in their UNCGenie Student Accounts. Former students may contact the Cashiers Office (email@example.com or 336.334.5831).
- ELECTRONIC PDF TRANSCRIPT is valid for 3 downloads or 7 days, whichever occurs first, before the security certificate expires. It is recommended that students confirm with recipients the acceptance of electronic PDF transcripts prior to ordering. Electronic transcripts cannot be saved and uploaded. They must be printed and scanned. The electronic transcript is only official when emailed directly to the recipient. Blue Ribbon Certification is present on all electronic transcripts, and the transcript is viewable ONLY in an Adobe application. Electronic transcripts are not downloadable to smartphones or tablets.
- ATTACHMENTS may be uploaded to both electronic and paper delivery orders. Attachments that need the Office of the Registrar to provide additional information should only be ordered for paper delivery only. All attachments should be noted in the Special Instructions field. More information
- MULTIPLE ORDERS are accommodated in one session; however, multiple electronic transcript orders must have different recipient names. Multiple copies to the same recipient is unnecessary because the electronic transcript can be printed more than once.
- FORMER UNCG STUDENTS are not required to send UNCG transcripts to UNCG for admission purposes.