The University Registrar’s Office (URO) provides transcripts of a student’s official UNCG academic record, both undergraduate and/or graduate, upon request. If the academic record has a hold placed on it for failure to meet financial obligations or for any other reason, transcript requests cannot be processed.
All transcripts may be ordered through the National Student Clearing House. The charge for the official transcript is $12.00 plus a $2.50 processing fee.
Things to Know Before Ordering Transcripts
- STANDARD PROCESSING TIME Additional processing time could result from vault records (transcripts older than 1984), data mismatches and/or during peak periods, such as end of term, or during unforeseen interruptions to daily operations . An email notification will be sent when the transcript has been processed for delivery. Transcript orders will not be processed when the University Registrar’s Office is closed.
- PICK-UP TIMES for transcripts are 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. M–F in 180 Mossman Administration Building, Greensboro, N.C. Please follow all Shield Our Spartans guidelines when conducting your in person visit.
For pick-up transcripts, a valid picture ID is required. Only the student listed on the transcript or his/her designated third party may pick up the transcript. A designated third party must present a Student Consent to Disclose Education Records</a> form at time of pickup, or student must email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org before pickup. The person picking up the transcript on your behalf must present a valid photo ID.</li>
- PAYMENT OPTIONS are credit or debit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) through a secure site.
- TRANSCRIPT AUTHORIZATION is only applicable to the student. Only a current or former student may order transcripts online. Third party inquiries will be required to submit additional paperwork to the University Registrar’s Office.
- HOLDS FOR INDEBTEDNESS TO THE UNIVERSITY prevent transcripts from being released until paid in full. All orders placed on hold due to indebtedness will be canceled. Current students can view their holds in their UNCGenie Student Accounts. Former students may contact the Cashiers Office (email@example.com or 336.334.5831).
- ELECTRONIC PDF TRANSCRIPT It is recommended that students confirm with recipients the acceptance of electronic PDF transcripts prior to ordering. The electronic transcript is only official when emailed directly to the recipient.
- ATTACHMENTS May be uploaded to electronic orders. Attachments that need the Office of the Registrar to provide additional information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MULTIPLE ORDERS are accommodated in one session.
- FORMER UNCG STUDENTS are not required to send UNCG transcripts to UNCG for admission purposes.