The University Registrar’s Office maintains Degree Works, the degree audit software that helps students and advisors stay on track for success. Degree Works for advisors:
- Supports real-time delivery of academic advice through intuitive web interfaces
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans
- Supports more timely degree certification
- Reduces paperwork and manual program check sheets
- Supports and monitors unique program changes
What -if- Analysis
A What-if Analysis allows students to explore degree requirements for a different major, concentration, or minor to see how their coursework would be applied to the new program. What-if analyses will show what coursework is required for the new major, minor, or concentration, what requirements have already been satisfied, and what requirements are still outstanding.
Performing a what-if analysis can help students make an informed decision about whether changing their major/minor/concentration is the best choice, but performing a what-if analysis does not change a students’ major. Students who wish to change their major should be directed to Spartan Central for more information.
Click to learn more about using Degree Works in the advising process
Departmental Request for Curriculum Modification
Substitutions for related area requirements that also carry General Education credit must be reviewed by the University Registrar’s Office to determine if the substitution fulfills General Education requirements by submitting a departmental request for student curriculum modification form.
For more detailed information see the Provisional Course Substitution policy.
More Advising Resources
Transfer Credit Information
Determining how transfer credits will apply is the scope of the Transfer Articulation team in the University Registrar’s Office. For more information on how an advisee’s credits may transfers into UNCG see the transfer equivalency tables on Spartan Central.
Viewing an Advisee’s Registration Windows & Timeline
You can access a table of registration windows and a list of important drop/add dates for continuing students and registration for new students by clicking here.
Viewing an Advisee’s Transcript
- Log in to UNCGenie.
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Log in using your UNCG Credentials
- Click on Faculty & Advisors
- Click Advisors > Student Academic Transcript
- Select the Current Term
- Select an advisee from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm the selection
- Click Submit
- Next, request the transcript level and transcript type from the dropdown menus.
- Click Display Transcript.
For more detailed instructions click here.